Happy publication day to All Grown Up by Jami Attenberg!
From the New York Times best-selling author of The Middlesteins comes a wickedly funny novel about a thirty-nine-year-old single, child-free woman who defies convention as she seeks connection.
- An Amazon Best Book of March 2017
- A Read It Forward “Book We’re Looking Forward to in 2017”
- An Elle.com Most Anticipated Novel for 2017
- A Glamour Best Book to Read in 2017
- A Chicago Tribune “34 Books We’re Most Excited About in 2017”
- A Martha Stewart Living “Page Turner for 2017”
- A Bustle Most Anticipated Novel for 2017
- A Nylon “50 Books We Can’t Wait to Read in 2017”
- A The Millions Most Anticipated Book
- A Book Riot Most Anticipated Book
- A Chicago Reader “Book We Can’t Wait to Read in 2017”
- A Globe “Book We Can’t Wait to Read in 2017”
Who is Andrea Bern? When her therapist asks the question, Andrea knows the right things to say: she’s a designer, a friend, a daughter, a sister. But it’s what she leaves unsaid—she’s alone, a drinker, a former artist, a shrieker in bed, captain of the sinking ship that is her flesh—that feels the most true. Everyone around her seems to have an entirely different idea of what it means to be an adult: her best friend, Indigo, is getting married; her brother—who miraculously seems unscathed by their shared tumultuous childhood—and sister-in-law are having a hoped-for baby; and her friend Matthew continues to wholly devote himself to making dark paintings at the cost of being flat broke.
But when Andrea’s niece finally arrives, born with a heartbreaking ailment, the Bern family is forced to reexamine what really matters. Will this drive them together or tear them apart? Told in gut-wrenchingly honest, mordantly comic vignettes, All Grown Up is a breathtaking display of Jami Attenberg’s power as a storyteller, a whip-smart examination of one woman’s life, lived entirely on her own terms.
The audiobook is narrated by 2017 Audie Awards finalist Mia Barron.
Kirkus Reviews (starred)
Booklist Review (starred)