Wednesday, March 14, 2018
With RBdigital, library patrons can access the broadest array of content services available in the industry all from a single app
Landover, MD, March 14, 2018—Recorded Books, an RBmedia company, today announced the enhanced RBdigital™ app, which allows library patrons to access more than 10 different types of content all from one source.
“We’re proud to be the first in the industry to make audiobooks, eBooks, magazines, comics, a range of streaming video services, educational offerings, and more—available all in one app. It’s never been easier for library patrons to discover and enjoy a wide selection of content,” says John Shea, Chief Product and Marketing Officer of RBmedia.
The all-in-one RBdigital app delivers:
● Audiobooks—Over 30,000 titles published by Recorded Books, as well as tens of thousands of premium audiobooks from other major publishers.
● eBooks—Bestselling and award-winning eBooks by top authors.
● Magazines and Comics—The largest collection of digital magazines for libraries, as well as hundreds of top comics from major brands.
● Streaming Video—Unlimited streaming video services, including award-winning comedies, documentaries, drama, animation, shorts, classic TV, British TV and film, Broadway shows and musicals, Spanish telenovelas and movies, and more.
● Education—A comprehensive collection of online world language learning, art and music instruction, software training, and more.
● Games and Music—Full-length concerts and music documentaries with video games coming soon.
“The enhanced RBdigital app is a valuable resource for our library. Our patrons will appreciate the one-stop convenience of accessing many different types of content from our collection, all in the same app,” says Bonnie Fullerton, Electronic Resources Librarian, Santa Clara County Library District.
Today, Recorded Books also announced the launch of streaming video
via the RBdigital app—with unlimited viewing of shows made possible through an innovative, new pricing model for libraries. With the new streaming video service, library patrons can binge-watch videos the same way they do on subscription streaming video services like Netflix—for as little as pennies per view.
About Recorded Books
Recorded Books is the largest independent publisher of audiobooks in the world, with a catalog of more than 30,000 exclusive titles narrated by award-winning actors. In addition to offering the highest-quality audiobooks, Recorded Books also delivers eBooks, magazines, comics, a range of streaming video services, educational offerings, and more. The company’s RBdigital app delivers the library industry’s broadest array of digital services to millions of consumers. Recorded Books is an RBmedia company. Learn more at www.recordedbooks.com
RBmedia is a global leader in spoken audio content and digital media distribution technology that reaches millions of consumers—at home, in the car, and wherever their mobile devices take them. RBmedia produces exclusive titles and delivers the finest digital content—including audiobooks, streaming video, educational courses, entertainment titles, and much more. Headquartered in Landover, Maryland, RBmedia comprises an ever-expanding group of the best brands in spoken audio content and digital media distribution technology. Find out more at www.rbmediaglobal.com