Ever wondered why the dinosaurs didn't survive? In this fascinating non-chronological report the success story of crocodiles and lizards (focusing on monitor lizards), and some of the reasons why they have survived since the time of the dinosaurs is explored.
- Purple/ Band 8 books offer developing readers literary language, with some challenging vocabulary.
- Text type - A non-chronological report.
- The book includes a contents page on page 1, plus a glossary and index on pages 20 and 21.
- A fact chart on pages 22 and 23 summarises the distinguishing aspects of each of crocodiles and monitor lizards.
- Curriculum links - Science: Humans and other animals.
by Jonathan Scott
by Scott McNeely
by Desiree Scott
by Scott Campbell
by Sir Walter Scott
by Jonathan Swift
by Charles Dickens
Sign up for our email newsletter