So you want to be a pirate? This book shows you how in 10 easy stages, from wearing the right clothes right down to what to do with the treasure. And along the way, you'll learn a barrelful of facts about famous pirates and pirate life through the ages.
- Gold/Band 9 fiction books offer developing readers literary language and stories with distinctive characters.
- Text type - An information book.
- A glossary and index on pages 22 and 23 can be used to navigate, and to check understanding.
- Curriculum links - Geography: Island home, Where in the world is Barnaby bear?; History: Why do we remember famous people?
- This non-fiction book is paired with a story on the same theme; Pirate Party, also by Scoular Anderson.
by Scoular Anderson
by Sherwood Anderson
by Charles Dickens
by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Sign up for our email newsletter