This non-fiction book explains how sea creatures have spines, stings and teeth and other means to protect themselves from hungry predators. Packed with stunning underwater photographs, there is much to entrance young readers.
- Green/ Band 5 books offer early readers patterned language and varied characters.
- Text type - Non-chronological report.
- A simple table at the end of the book can be used to check understanding and to recap information learnt reading the book.
- Curriculum links - Citizenship: Animals and us.
- This non-fiction book is paried with a playscript on a similar theme: Worm Looks for Lunch by Julia Donaldson.
by Andy Belcher, Angie Belcher
by Angie Belcher
by Charles Dickens
by Willa Cather
by Louisa May Alcott
by Jane Austen
by John Dos Passos
by H.G. Wells
by Robert Louis Stevenson
by Anna Sewell
Sign up for our email newsletter