Arthur the donkey is having a party – but he wants it to be fantastic. So fantastic, that only fantastic guests can come! But when none of his friends qualify to go on the guest list, he changes his mind – and everyone has lots of fun.
- Orange/ Band 6 books offer varied text and characters, with action sustained over several pages.
- Text type - A humorous story.
- An invitation and reply for Arthur's party on pp22-23 offer a great opportunity to extend the story and link to children's writing.
- Curriculum links - Citizenship: Choices living in a diverse world.
- This story is paired with a non-fiction book on the same theme: How to Make Pop-up Cards by Monica Hughes.
by Joseph Theobald
by Joseph Conrad
by Charles Dickens
by Joseph Palazzolo
by Matt Joseph
Sign up for our email newsletter