Have you ever seen a puppet show? Now's your chance to go behind the scenes! Take a trip inside the Little Angel Theatre and meet Ronnie the puppeteer. As he takes you on a tour of the theatre, you can meet lots of puppets, find out how they're made and how a show is put on. This colourful non-fiction book brings the world of puppets to life.
- Purple/Band 8 books offer developing readers literary language, with some challenging vocabulary.
- Text type: An information book.
- Pages 22 and 23 show a diagram of the different areas of the puppet theatre, to help children to recap what they have read.
- Additional retrieval devices such as a glossary and index can be evaluated for their usefulness as children develop critical reading skills.
- Curriculum links: Design and Technology: Puppets; Art and design: People in action
by Claire Llewellyn
by Charles Dickens
by Willa Cather
by Louisa May Alcott
by Jane Austen
by John Dos Passos
by H.G. Wells
Sign up for our email newsletter