Have you ever seen a puppet show? Now's your chance to go behind the scenes! Take a trip inside the Little Angel Theatre and meet Ronnie the puppeteer. As he takes you on a tour of the theatre, you can meet lots of puppets, find out how they're made and how a show is put on. This colourful non-fiction book brings the world of puppets to life.
- Purple/Band 8 books offer developing readers literary language, with some challenging vocabulary.
- Text type: An information book.
- Pages 22 and 23 show a diagram of the different areas of the puppet theatre, to help children to recap what they have read.
- Additional retrieval devices such as a glossary and index can be evaluated for their usefulness as children develop critical reading skills.
- Curriculum links: Design and Technology: Puppets; Art and design: People in action
by Claire Llewellyn
by Leo Tolstoy
by Wilkie Collins
by Lewis Carroll
by Henry David Thoreau
by H.G. Wells
by Charlotte Bronte
by Mary Shelley