An informative picture book that presents a larger-than-life look at the fly and explains that flies can be very useful – despite their capacity to carry germs and cause disease! The humorous cartoons, captivating photographs and informative captions provide a fascinating insight into this common and pesky insect.
- Turquoise/ Band 7 books offer literay language and extended descriptions, with longer sentences and a wide range of unfamiliar terms.
- Text type - A non-chronological report.
- Pages 22 and 23 give children the chance to recap and discuss the information covered.
- Curriculum links - Science: Plants and animals in the local environment.
- This information book is paired with a fictional story on a similar theme: Harry the Clever Spider by Julia Jarman.
by Janice Marriott
by Janice Marriott, Virginia Pawsey
by Leo Marriott
by Janice Vale
by Janice Weaver
by Janice Murfitt
by Janice Thompson
Sign up for our email newsletter