"But what about me?""Is it possible to go one day without dealing with the survivor's issues?""Will we ever make love again?""Will the survivor love me in the end?""How do I know if I should throw in the towel?"
Based on in-depth interviews and her workshops for partners across the country, Laura Davis offers practical advice and encouragement to all partnersA??girlfriends, boyfriends, spouses, and loversA??trying to support the survivors in their lives while tending to their own needs along the way. She shows couples how to deepen compassion, improve communication, and develop an understanding of healing as a shared activity. Addressing partners' most important questions, Allies in Healing covers:
- The BasicsA??answers common questions about sexual abuse.
- Allies in HealingA??introduces key concepts of working and growing together.
- My Needs and FeelingsA??teaches partners to recognize, value, and express their own needs.
- Dealing with CrisisA??includes strategies for handling suicidal feelings, regression, and hopelessness.
- Intimacy and CommunicationA??offers practical advice on dealing with distancing, control, trust, and fighting.
- SexA??provides guidelines for coping with flashbacks, lack of desire, differences in sexual needs, and frustration.
- Family lssuesA??suggests a range of ideas for interacting with the survivor's family.
- Partners' StoriesA??explores the struggles, triumphs, and courage of eight partners.
Click the Download button to download a copy of the MARC file.
Enter your FTP details below to send the MARC export file via FTP.
by Martin Gibala, Christopher Shulgan
by David J. Lieberman
by Marc Freedman
by Napoleon Hill
by Karl Pillemer
by Joseph Murphy
by Rob Fazio
by Laura Day
by David Hewson
by Kristan Higgins
by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
by Jeffrey Krames
Sign up for our email newsletter