Packed with anecdotes, sidebars, quotes, and illustrations, A Kids' Guide to the American Revolution brings vividly to life the birth of our nation.
Introduce young readers to the stakes, challenges, setbacks, and victories involved in the single most important event in our nation’s history, the American Revolution, with this approachable book from Kathleen Krull, a Children’s Book Guild Nonfiction Award winner.
Find out what events led our young nation to go to war with Great Britain and how the Declaration of Independence, the document that continues to shape our civil rights, came to be.
• Why did the colonists want independence from Great Britain?
• What brought on the Boston Tea Party?
• How did the Declaration of Independence initially impact women and slaves?
• What did Benjamin Franklin do to convince the French to join the revolution?
• How was George Washington chosen to lead the new young country?
• What elements of the Declaration of Independence continue to be debated today?
Kathleen Krull is an expert at bringing history to life in her engaging titles and series, including Women Who Broke the Rules, Lives of . . . , Giants of Science, and her other books in A Kids’ Guide series, A Kids' Guide to America’s Bill of Rights and A Kids’ Guide to America’s First Ladies.