In this fresh, fun, and unique book, design consultant and Today show lifestyle expert Elizabeth Mayhew shares essential insider tips for making any space stylish and timeless in a snap. Forget expensive fixes or labor-intensive endeavors, Flip! for Decorating can show you how to redecorate with what you have on hand, or with the simple purchases you'll need to create the room of your dreams. Flip through the upper right hand pages, and watch four rooms receive an instant makeover! Inside you'll discover:
- step-by-step instructions for decorating the four most commonly used rooms: living room, dining room, family room, and bedroom
- the fundamentals of color, including no-fail wall and trim colors, when to use wallpaper instead of paint, and the facts on different paint finishes
- the ways to treat a window, from Venetian blinds and Roman shades to simple curtains–and the secrets to making a window appear taller or wider
- the art of picking the perfect sofa, chairs, tables, and lighting
- strategies on how to prioritize your decorating decisions
Flip! for Decorating also features time-saving "reality checks," handy shopping tips, and easy and informative sidebars that will give you instant solutions if you're stumped, stymied, or need to add a quick jolt of style to virtually any room in your home. With this amazing, practical book, decorating is so easy you'll flip!