What do Bobbi Brown, CEO of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, Soledad O'Brien, co-host of CNN's American Morning, and Jill Herzig, executive editor of Glamour magazine, all have in common?
They've all been the New Girl on the Job, just like you. And in this book, you'll gain access to their hard-won wisdom and strategies for success.
In New Girl on the Job, author Hannah Seligson blows the lid off of one of the most common--and least discussed--topics facing young women today:
Surviving and thriving in the workplace.
Through interviews with some of the best and brightest businesswomen in the country, meticulous research, and one-on-one chats with hundreds of New Girls starting out in their careers, New Girl on the Job provides you with all of the information you always wanted to know about workplace success but were afraid to ask. Inside, you'll find valuable tips and information you can put to use right away:
- You never get a second chance--Making a killer first impression
- Is this the "real me?"--Being "yourself" while maintaining a professional attitude
- Dress for success--Think Ann Taylor, not Forever 21
- Just ask--Overcoming your fear of the dumb question--and getting the answers you need to succeed
- It's just business--Developing a thick skin
- X + Y--Navigating male-female dynamics at the office
- Nice is the new mean--Building successful relationships with female coworkers
Loaded with real-life advice, helpful lists, and quick take-away points to get you off on the right foot, New Girl on the Job gives you everything you need to take charge of your career--and climb the ladder to success.