Do people see you as the kind of leader you want to be? Are your strongest leadership qualities getting in the way of your greatness?
After decades of advising and inspiring some of the most eminent chief executives in the world, Lolly Daskal has uncovered a startling pattern: within each leader are powerful abilities that are also hidden impediments to greatness. She's witnessed many highly driven, overachieving leaders rise to prominence fueled by well-honed skill sets, only to falter when the shadow sides of the same skills emerge.
Now Daskal reveals her proven system, which leaders at any level can apply to dramatically improve their results. It begins with identifying your distinctive leadership archetype and recognizing its shadow:
- The Rebel, driven by confidence, becomes the Imposter, plagued by self-doubt.
- The Explorer, fueled by intuition, becomes the Exploiter, master of manipulation.
- The Truth Teller, who embraces candor, becomes the Deceiver, who creates suspicion.
- The Hero, embodying courage, becomes the Bystander, an outright coward.
- The Inventor, brimming with integrity, becomes the Destroyer, who is morally corrupt.
- The Navigator, trusts and is trusted, becomes the Fixer, endlessly arrogant.
- The Knight, for whom loyalty is everything, becomes the Mercenary, who is perpetually self-serving.
Using psychology, philosophy, and her own experience, Daskal offers a breakthrough perspective on leadership. She'll take you inside some of the most cloistered boardrooms, let you in on deeply personal conversations with industry leaders, and introduce you to luminaries who've changed the world. Her insights will help you rethink everything you know to become the leader you truly want to be.