Learn the words you need to succeed in high school
High school opens a world of new ideas and experiences—along with more challenging and sophisticated concepts. Knowing these 250 words will give students the gift of reduced stress, greater academic achievement, and a head start that will last for years to come.
Using this book as a key learning tool, upcoming high school freshmen can...
- prepare for the challenge of high school essay writing
- learn to impress teachers with their reading comprehension and distinguished word choice
- get ahead of their class with summer vocabulary learning
- supplement their homeschool vocabulary curriculum
- bolster skills with English as a second language
- build a lifelong appreciation for words
Every year, tens of thousands of families trust Edward Fiske, author of the #1 bestselling Fiske Guide to Colleges and the former education editor of the New York Times, as their guide for honest advice on creating the best educational experience possible. Together with vocabulary experts Jane Mallison and David Hatcher, Fiske 250 Words Every High School Freshman Needs to Know teaches students the most important words they will encounter in high school, across a wide range of subjects and skill levels.
by Edward B. Fiske, Jane Mallison, Dave Hatcher
by Edward B. Fiske, Jane Mallison, Margery Mandell
by Jane Austen
by David Hatcher, Jane Mallison
by Herman Melville
by Frank Haskell