The Easiest and Fastest Way to Learn Dari Persian
Whether you want to travel, communicate with friends or colleagues, reconnect with family, or just understand more of what's going on in the world around you, learning Dari Persian will expand your horizons and immeasurably enrich your life.
The best part is that it doesn't have to be difficult or take years to master. Thirty minutes a day is all it takes, and we get you speaking right from the first day. Pimsleur courses use a scientifically-proven method that puts you in control of your learning. If you've tried other language learning methods but found they simply didn't stick, then you owe it to yourself to give Pimsleur a try.
- Quick + Easy – Only 30 minutes a day.
- Portable + Flexible – Core lessons can be done anytime, anywhere, and easily fit into your busy life.
- Proven Method – Works when other methods fail.
- Self-Paced – Go fast or go slow – it's up to you.
- Based in Science – Developed using proven research on memory and learning.
- Cost-effective – Less expensive than classes or immersion, and features all native speakers.
- Genius – Triggers your brain's natural aptitude to learn.
- Works for everyone – Recommended for ages 13 and above.
- 30, 30-minute audio lessons
- 60 minutes of reading instruction to provide you practice reading Dari Persian
- In total, 16 hours of audio, all featuring native speakers
- a Reading Booklet and User's Guide
What You'll Learn
Builds upon skills taught in Pimsleur's Dari Persian Level 1.
In the first 10 lessons you'll begin using the past tense. Structures become more complex and informal speech is introduced. Soon you'll take part in conversations about ordering meals, shopping, and local attractions. As you progress, your fluency will increase as your vocabulary expands.
The next 10 lessons will allow you to further combine and build upon known elements, and produce longer and more complex sentences. You'll be discussing business and social activities, expressing your interests, and talking about the weather.
In the final 10 lessons you'll double your vocabulary and have several hundred structures to draw upon. You'll learn to express yourself with relative structures – faster, slower, etc. You'll be able to ask for assistance in many situations and to ask for directions to various locations. You'll explore sports and leisure activities, manage changing money and banking, and discuss travel plans. By the end of the program, you'll be speaking at a mid-intermediate level with near-native pronunciation, and you'll be comfortable meeting most social demands and limited job requirements.
Reading Lessons, which build upon the language skills acquired in Level 1, are included at the end of Lesson 30. These lessons, which total about one hour, are designed to give you practice reading Dari Persian. A Reading Booklet to be used with the audio lessons is also included in PDF format.
The Pimsleur Method
We make no secret of what makes this powerful method work so well. Paul Pimsleur spent his career researching and perfecting the precise elements anyone can use to le