Prepare the exciting and flavorful cuisine of the American Southwest with this easy-to-follow Santa Fe cookbook.
Nestled at the foot of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, Santa Fe has the spirit of the Native American, Spanish, Mexican and Anglo-American settlers who built it—and an exciting cuisine to match. Some of today's hottest Santa Fe chefs are incorporating the region's staple ingredients—rice, beans, squash and chiles—into mouthwatering new tex-mex dishes.
Authentic Southwestern recipes include:
- Mexican Corn Chowder from The Pink Adobe Restaurant
- Carne Adovada from Marie's New Mexican Kitchen
- Rack of Lamb with Heirloom Bean Ragout from Santecafe
- Orange-marinated Chicken Fajitas from Santa Fe School of Cooking
- Red Corn Rubbed Chicken from Inn of the Anasazi
- Chilean Sea Bass Napoleon from La Casa Sena
- Taco-nolis from Cafe Pasqual'sFood of Santa Fe offers the best of Southwest cooking, New Mexico's traditional dishes, and a sampling of today's cooking innovations. Introductory essays provide the historical and geographical context of the cuisine, and glossaries of unusual ingredients, along with illustrated how-to sections, are included.
by Dave DeWitt, Nancy Gerlach
by Herman Melville
by Frank Haskell
by Mark Twain
by L.M. Montgomery
by William Shakespeare
by Ulysses S. Grant
by Charlotte Bronte
by Jane Austen
by H. Rider Haggard
Sign up for our email newsletter