Essential Japanese Phrase Book & Dictionary teaches you the practical phrases and expressions needed for common, everyday interactions in Japan in a clear, concise, accessible and enjoyable way.
Key features of this Japanese phrasebook and dictionary include:
- Over 1,500 practical phrases for everyday use
- An English to Japanese dictionary with over 2,000 terms and expressions
- Essential expressions used for meeting people, starting conversations, and asking and replying to simple questions
- Manga illustrations to illustrate critical phrases and situations
- A pronunciation guide and Japanese grammar notes explain the basic sounds and sentence patterns of the Japanese language
- The latest Japanese vocabulary and phrases for smartphones, social media and more
- Japan travel tips, cultural notes and much more!
All words and phrases are in Romanized form as well as the Japanese script. Basic Japanese grammar and pronunciation notes get you speaking right away, and tips on culture and etiquette allow you to interact in Japanese without making serious blunders.
Whether you're a novice or have some experience with the language, this is a reference you'll turn to again and again when visiting Japan and interacting with Japanese people.
by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
by Thomas Paine
by Niccolo Machiavelli
by Rudyard Kipling
by Benjamin Franklin
by Henry David Thoreau
by L.M. Montgomery
by Thomas Bulfinch
by E.M. Forster
by Jack London
by Nathaniel Hawthorne
by L. Frank Baum
Sign up for our email newsletter