Look-up words quickly and easily with this travel size Cantonese phrasebook and dictionary.
Essential Cantonese Phrasebook & Dictionary clearly and concisely presents all the everyday words, phrases and expressions you need when traveling to Hong Kong and Canton (Guangdong).
In this accessible phrasebook you'll find:
- A pronunciation guide and grammar notes explaining the basic sounds and sentence patterns of the language
- Essential Cantonese expressions for meeting people, asking and answering simple questions, and starting up friendly conversations
- New manga illustrations demonstrating critical phrases in real life situations
- Vocabulary for technology, WiFi, smartphones and social media
- A useful English-Cantonese dictionary, so the right words are at your fingertips
- Travel tips and cultural notes allow you to interact without making social blunders With 14 chapters covering topics from talking about the weather to what to do in an emergency, you will never be caught unprepared. Essential Cantonese is the best book to get for travel to Hong Kong and Canton— interact confidently with native Cantonese speakers.
by Tang JiaXuan
by Ralph Moore, Alan Tang
by Susan Levitt, Jean Tang
by Martha Southgate
by Martha Beck
by Martha Lam, Lee Hoi Ming
by Martha Bolton
by Martha Hix
by Martha Stewart
by Martha Kimes
Sign up for our email newsletter