Pulutan: finger foods, appetizers, bar snacks and street foods best enjoyed alongside an alcoholic drink.
Tart and refreshing seafood ceviche spritzed with citrus, tender pork meatballs in spicy coconut sauce, charred chicken skewers lacquered with sweet and savory glazes—the array of Filipino bar snacks and small dishes known as "Pulutan" are the definitive pairing for a cold beer, wine cooler or cocktail.
Incorporating culinary influences from Spain, China, Mexico and the U.S., along with indigenous flavors and traditions, these Filipino finger foods can range from tapas and pintxos to eggrolls and dumplings, and even barbecued meat and chicken wings. Do as Filipinos do: invite some friends over, enjoy a selection of delicious Filipino snacks, and socialize over a few cold drinks!
This Filipino cookbook includes over 60 exciting Pulutan recipes, such as:
- Grilled Coconut and Lemongrass Shrimp
- Raw Oysters with Green Mango Mignonette (Kinilaw)
- Fried Calamari with Crispy Purple Yam Crust
- Corn-Dogged Quail Eggs (Kwek-Kwek)
-Fried Green Mangoes
- Grilled Bacon Skewers with Pineapple Glaze
- Spicy Sizzling Squid (Sisig na Pusit)
- Pork Meatballs with Spicy Coconut Sauce (Bicol Express)
- Grilled Garlic Lamb Chops (Salpicao)
- And much more, including many unique cocktails and desserts! In his new cookbook, Marvin Gapultos shows you how to eat and drink like a Filipino with a range of easy Pulutan recipes. The recipes are easy to follow and use ingredients readily found in any supermarket or Asian grocery store. What's more, as a Certified Cicerone(R) and craft beer professional, Marvin also provides perfect beer pairings for each dish so you can elevate your Pulutan experience to the highest degree. The results are tasty, satisfying finger foods that you'll enjoy making and sharing. This cookbook is the essential guide to Filipino food and drinking culture.
Cheers for Filipino Food! Mabuhay!