Successful leaders of creative teams have mastered the difficult transition from doing the work to leading the work, and this book shows how. Todd Henry picks up where The Accidental Creative left off, and provides an indispensable handbook of on-the-ground, tactical advice for new managers of creatives. He draws from interviews with brilliant leaders and his experience consulting in creative organizations to share a wealth of practical advice, including:
- Why conflict can be a good thing, and how to manage it in a healthy way.
- How to build time and attention buffers to protect your team's ability to do its best work.
- How to deal with the imbalance of power on your team, and manage inevitable struggles that arise.
- How to create "hunting trails" that will keep your team inspired and motivated to deliver brilliant work.
- Why you should still "get your hands dirty", even as you strive to remove yourself from the work.
- Why you should fight to measure value, not time, when evaluating your team's work.
This title is part of (or scheduled to be part of) the following subscriptions:
Click the Download button to download a copy of the MARC file.
Enter your FTP details below to send the MARC export file via FTP.
by Bob Rosen, Emma-Kate Swann
by Zack Handlen, Todd VanDerWerff, Chris Carter
by John Christianson
by Todd Henry
by Charles Todd
by Todd Moss
by Todd Zenger
by Todd Mitchem
by Todd Strasser
Sign up for our email newsletter