How to maximize your food production in an urban environment.
The idea of bringing agriculture into the city has been promoted by many on both sides of the political fence: proponents of sustainability and prevention of climate change as well as those who worry about government and social instability. To address the urgent need for a shift in the way our food is produced, The Ultimate Guide to Urban Farming offers a practical education in everything there is to know about city agriculture: how to grow a lot of food in any kind of urban living situation, from apartment to full-scale commercial venture.
Subjects covered include:
- Small scale vs. large scale agriculture
- The economic, social, health, and environmental impacts of urban farming
- Making the most of the space available
- The latest technologies and developments in agriculture, including: hydroponics, vertical gardening, and aquaponics
- Case studies and design concerns for community-based farming
- The best plant species for cities and seasons
- Beekeeping and small animals
- Commercial agriculture and the business side of farming in a city environment
This comprehensive guide will introduce readers to the rewarding possibilities of growing their own food, as well as dispel the falsehood that says we need faraway factory farms to produce everything we eat.
by Nicole Faires
by Zane Grey
by Charles Dickens
by L.M. Montgomery
by Victor Hugo
by D.H. Lawrence