Take a trip to Newbery Honoree Carl Hiaasen's Florida, where adventure is always in the air! This New York Times bestseller is a wickedly funny, slightly subversive tale of story of snakes, grizzlies, a missing dad, a menacing drone.
Some facts about Billy Dickens:
* He once saw a biker swerve across the road in order to run over a snake.
* Later, that motorcycle somehow ended up at the bottom of a canal.
* Billy isn't the type to let things go.
Some facts about Billy's family:
* They've lived in six different Florida towns because Billy's mom insists on getting a house near a bald eagle nest.
* Billy's dad left when he was four and is a total mystery.
* Billy has just found his dad's address--in Montana.
This summer, Billy will fly across the country, hike a mountain, float a river, dodge a grizzly bear, shoot down a spy drone, save a neighbor's cat, save an endangered panther, and then try to save his own father.
"A fun romp that will keep readers hooked." —The New York Times
You can find this title in the following lists:
Click the Download button to download a copy of the MARC file.
Enter your FTP details below to send the MARC export file via FTP.
by Carl Hiaasen
by Carl Hiaasen, Bill Montalbano
"Narrator Kirby Heyborne's deliberate narration lends a calm, steady demeanor to the introverted but tough protagonist of Hiaasen's latest adventure for kids. Billy--aka, Billy Big Stick--has a strong sense of justice and no problem taking on bullies who hurt innocent creatures, whether they're people or animals. His dad has had no contact with him since he left when Billy was 3, other than to send monthly checks. Now Billy wants to go find him. He tracks him down in Montana, living with a new wife and daughter, but that turns out to be just the beginning of this wildlife-centered caper involving surveillance drones and catching big-time animal poachers. S.C. © AudioFile 2018, Portland, Maine"
Sign up for our email newsletter