This practical guide to modern encryption breaks down the fundamental mathematical concepts at the heart of cryptography without shying away from meaty discussions of how they work. You'll learn about authenticated encryption, secure randomness, hash functions, block ciphers, and public-key techniques such as RSA and elliptic curve cryptography.
You'll also learn:
- Key concepts in cryptography, such as computational security, attacker models, and forward secrecy
- The strengths and limitations of the TLS protocol behind HTTPS secure websites
- Quantum computation and post-quantum cryptography
- About various vulnerabilities by examining numerous code examples and use cases
- How to choose the best algorithm or protocol and ask vendors the right questions
Each chapter includes a discussion of common implementation mistakes using real-world examples and details what could go wrong and how to avoid these pitfalls.
Whether you're a seasoned practitioner or a beginner looking to dive into the field, Serious Cryptography will provide a complete survey of modern encryption and its applications.
by Jean Webster
by Henry David Thoreau
by Charles Darwin
by Philippe J. Dubois, Elise Rousseau
by Philippe De Vosjoli, Robert Mailloux, Drew Ready
by Daniel Alban, Philippe Eynaud, Julien Malaurent, Jean-Loup Richet, Claudio Vitari
by Francis Barre, Philippe Bisch, Daniele Chauvel, Jacques Cortade, Jean-Francois Coste, Jean-Philippe Dubois, Silvano Erlicher, Etienne Gallitre, Pierre Labbe, Jacky Mazars, Claude Rospar, Alain Sellier, Jean-Michel Torrenti, Francois Toutlemonde
by Zane Grey
by Charles Dickens
by L.M. Montgomery
by Victor Hugo
Sign up for our email newsletter