Publication of Prevention's Maximum Immunity couldn't be more timely. As health experts are ever more loudly sounding the alarm about the dangers of a flu pandemic and the general rise in treatment-resistant disease strains, men and women increasingly find themselves juggling hectic, stressful schedules that deplete their immune defenses.
Now Prevention, the magazine widely recognized as the premier source for cutting-edge, authoritative health information, examines the various lifestyle factors that influence immune function-including diet/nutrition, exercise, sleep, stress, and environment-to construct a scientifically sound, 28-day program that measurably improves the body's ability to ward off illness both short- and long-term. Developed specifically for this book, the program features:
- Daily menus of immune-boosting foods
- Daily tips to create an immune-friendly lifestyle
- The keys to maximum immunity-including moderate and consistent exercise, 2 servings of fruits and vegetables at every meal, adequate sleep, 15 minutes outdoors without sunscreen, and a few laughs whenever possible
- Targeted self-care strategies-ranging from nutritional supplements to behavioral changes-that enable anyone to tailor the program to fit individual needs
- Preventive and treatment measures that help people fight back against specific conditions, from allergies, asthma, and food poisoning Lyme disease, shingles, and pneumonia.
by The Editors of Prevention
by Sari Harrar, The Editors of Prevention
by The Editors of Prevention, Master Faxiang Hou
by Leslie Bonci, The Editors of Prevention
by The Editors of Prevention, Melinda Ring
by Caren Goldman, The Editors of Prevention
by Wyatt Myers, The Editors of Prevention
by Selene Yeager, The Editors of Prevention
Sign up for our email newsletter