How to Become a Successful Racer and Adventure Athlete
Why should you take a pair of sandals, a dollar bill, and a car antenna to your next adventure race? You'll find the answer to that question and many others in Runner's World Guide to Adventure Racing. In this authoritative guide, Ian Adamson shares his insider secrets for training, racing, team building, conflict management, injury prevention, equipment repair, sleep management, and much more. Often referred to as the Michael Jordan of adventure racing, Adamson helps you navigate any type of adventure race, from short sprint race to full-length expedition.
In this guide, you'll find:
- Detailed training plans for recreational and competitive athletes
- Tips for running, hiking, biking, paddling, navigating, and climbing more efficiently
- A no-nonsense guide for what you need from the sporting goods store—and what you don't
- Insider secrets for mending equipment and injuries while in the wilderness
- Adamson's nine favorite foods to pack in your race bag
You'll also read Adamson's humorous, touching, and downright chilling stories of life on the adventure trail. From sprint races to full-length expeditions, Adamson's expert advice will get you and your equipment to the finish line in one piece.
by Lou Schuler, Ian King
by Ian Fleming
by Ian Browne
Sign up for our email newsletter