Grow Healthy Winter Produce
Grow your own keeper crops for the chilly days of winter—and you'll be sure of putting the freshest, tastiest produce, packed with goodness, on your kitchen table! Growing Winter Food is the essential gardening guide for those who want to enjoy their garden's output all year round. This easy-to-follow book shows you how to grow your own fruit and vegetables for winter use and includes detailed cultivation advice on each crop, along with nutritional value, recipe ideas, and storage suggestions.
Inside Growing Winter Food
· How to choose crops that you can grow and preserve so you'll have fresh vegetables over the winter.
· Practical information and growing advice for all the most commonly grown winter foods: roots, legumes, green vegetables, herbs and fruits.
· Easy-to-follow instructions for sowing, maintenance, harvesting, and general gardening techniques.
· All the basic techniques you need to know, from preparing soil to using cloches and containers to dealing with pests and diseases.
· Handy plant profiles cover how to grow, plant, care for, save seeds, harvest, and preserve.
· Perfect for those with limited gardening experience, with gardens big or small.
by Herman Melville
by Frank Haskell
by Mark Twain
by L.M. Montgomery
by William Shakespeare
by Ulysses S. Grant
by Charlotte Bronte
by Jane Austen
by H. Rider Haggard
by Charles Dickens
by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Sign up for our email newsletter