This Grass and Bamboo Handbook is the complete, go-to guide for gardeners of all levels to understand how to make the most of unique grasses and bamboo in their gardens. Including a newly updated and expanded species guide, this illustrated manual also includes practical advice on cultivation techniques, buying plants, soil preparation, step-by-step planting sequences, how to trim and propagate, hardiness zones, and much more. Containing 14 planting schemes, from prairie planting and contemporary bedding to urban jungles and pots and planters, you'll learn everything you need to know about a variety of grasses, bamboos, and the families in which they belong!
- A complete beginner-friendly manual that details the various types of grasses, bamboos, and the families in which they belong
- Provides practical advice on buying plants and soil preparation, as well as step-by-step sequences to how you should plant, cut back, trim, propagate, and sow from seed
- Includes 14 planting schemes, such as prairie planting, contemporary bedding, urban jungles, pots and planters, and more
- Contains an A-to-Z photo-illustrated gallery of bamboos and grasses for tons of inspiration for your own planting scheme
- New edition includes an expanded and updated species guide with detailed information