You'll never fall into a tourist trap when you travel with Frommer's. It's like having a friend show you around, taking you to the places locals like best. Our expert authors have already gone everywhere you might go—they've done the legwork for you, and they're not afraid to tell it like it is, saving you time and money. No other series offers candid reviews of so many hotels and restaurants in all price ranges. Every Frommer's Travel Guide is up-to-date, with exact prices for everything, dozens of maps, and exciting coverage of shopping, history, culture, and nightlife. You'd be lost without us!
This guide is geared to travelers who want to go to Greece for beaches, beautiful weather, island hopping, archaeological riches, and the capital city of Athens. Inside, you'll find smart itineraries, important historic sights and museums, and the types of restaurants, nightlife, and hidden beauty spots that only the locals know about.
We'll start you off with an in-depth overview of Athens and rewarding day trips from there, before setting off to explore the most beautiful and appealing of Greece's many islands, including the Saronic Gulf Islands, Crete, the Cyclades, the Dodecanese, the Northeastern aegean Islands, the Sporades, and the Ionian Islands. The book contains:
· Insider advice on the best ways to experience some of the country's most dazzling historic sites and natural landscapes, including tips on the best views, the best scenic drives, and the best activities.
· User-friendly features including star ratings, detailed maps, and a pullout map
· Exact pricing for hotels, restaurants, attractions, and more, so you can budget for your trip and avoid nasty surprises (no vague symbols for prices in a Frommer's guide!)
· Opinionated and detailed reviews of historic sights, museums, hotels, restaurants, and other attractions to help you find what will appeal to you—and what you can skip. Since our authors' only client is the reader, no listing in this book is paid advertising. Frommer's takes pride in its tradition of journalistic reporting.
· Large, easy-to-read fonts but thin paper, so the book isn't too heavy to carry.
· Helpful planning tips for getting there, getting around, saving money and getting the most from your trip
About Frommer's: There's a reason that Frommer's has been the most trusted name in travel for more than 60 years. Arthur Frommer created the bestselling guide series in 1957 to help American service members fulfill their dreams of travel in Europe. Since then, we have published thousands of titles, becoming a household name by helping millions upon millions of people realize their own dreams of seeing our planet. Travel is easy with Frommer's.