Turn every field trip into a high-quality learning experience!
What youngster isn't excited at the prospect of taking a field trip? Enthusiastic students present teachers with the ideal scenario for creating meaningful out-of-the-classroom encounters and giving students the building blocks to help them become active participants in their own educational process.
This resource helps educators take full advantage of off-site educational opportunities by developing lessons that connect informal learning with content standards. Based on constructivist philosophy and inquiry-based learning, the book provides numerous sample lesson plans and technology tips, and includes:
- Learner-centered activities for language arts, math, science, social studies, and fine art
- Ways to support English Language Learners and special education students
- Guidelines for developing corresponding classroom activities
- Strategies for building partnerships with informal learning sites
- Methods for bringing museum-type activities into the classroom when a trip is not possible
Field trips turn the whole world into a classroom. Informal Learning and Field Trips helps enrich students' lives as they explore the world outside the school grounds and gives teachers a prime opportunity to revitalize the learning experience.
by Charles M. Sheldon
by Herman Melville
by Frank Haskell
by Mark Twain
by L.M. Montgomery
by William Shakespeare
by Ulysses S. Grant
by Charlotte Bronte
by Jane Austen
by H. Rider Haggard
by Charles Dickens