Build economical and resilient earthbag structures using simple tools and techniques.
Earthbag construction- building with polypropylene bags usually filled with earthen materials- is a versatile, easy-to-master, low-impact, and highly durable form of building, suitable for structures from houses to root cellars.
Containing over 75 photos and illustrations, Essential Earthbag Construction is a practical guide to this affordable method of building. Going well beyond the scope of other sources, this indispensable manual is packed with all the information you need to determine if it's the right choice for your project, and to start building. Distilling decades of experience, research, and best practices, it covers:
- Material specifications, performance, and when and where to use it
- Pros and cons of different fills from gravel, to earth and clay, to insulative perlite, rice hulls, and volcanic stone
- Illustrated, step-by-step guidance for efficient bag filling and installation
- Details for various designs, including domes and arches
- Foundation options and seismic and stability considerations
- Finishing and maintenance techniques
- Tools and materials
- Additional resources.
Essential Earthbag Construction presents the practical guidance and best practices for both the DIYer and professional to design and build high-quality earthbag structures.
by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
by Mark Twain
by Sinclair Lewis
by Charles Dickens
by Jane Austen
by Henry James
by E.M. Forster
by G.K. Chesterton
by Joseph Conrad
by W. Somerset Maugham
Sign up for our email newsletter