Learn the secret language of boys and how to reconnect
All too quickly, talkative, affectionate young boys seem to slip away. Adolescents may be transformed overnight into reclusive, seemingly impenetrable young people who open up only to their friends and spend more time on devices than with family. How do you penetrate this shell before they are lost to you?
Drawing on decades of experience garnered through thousands of hours of therapy with boys, Cracking the Boy Code explains how the key to communicating with boys is understanding their universal psychological needs and using specific, straightforward communication techniques. Coverage includes:
- Why it's important to understand the psychological needs of boys
- How to talk to be heard, and listen to understand
- The crucial role of non-verbal cues
- Learning the universal tone that helps boys listen
- Motivating boys to become their authentic selves
- Using purposeful work to teach boys self-respect and confidence
- Reducing stress and creating greater closeness between boys and caregivers.
Essential reading for parents, caregivers, teachers, youth workers, coaches, and others who want to make a real connection with the boys in their lives.
by Adam J. Cox
by Jennifer Cox
by Greg Cox
by Carol Cox
by Judy Cox
by Kathleen Cox
by Tony Cox
by Harvey Cox
Sign up for our email newsletter