In this third edition of the groundbreaking, global classic, Ruth E. Van Reken and Michael V. Pollock, son of the late original coauthor, David C. Pollock, have significantly updated what is widely recognized as The TCK Bible. Emphasis is on the modern TCK and addressing the impact of technology, cultural complexity, diversity and inclusion, and transitions. Includes new advice for parents and others for how to support TCKs as they navigate work, relationships, social settings and their own personal development. Specific updates:
- New models for identity formation
- Updated explanation of unresolved grief
- New material on "highly mobile communities" addressing the needs of people who stay put while a community around them moves rapidly
- Revamped Section III allowing listeners to more easily find what is relevant to them as Adult TCKs, parents, counselors, employers, spouses, administrators, etc.
- New "stages and needs" tool that will help families and organizations identify and meet needs
- Greater emphasis on tools for educators as they grapple with demographic shifts in the classroom
This title is part of (or scheduled to be part of) the following subscriptions:
You can find this title in the following lists:
Click the Download button to download a copy of the MARC file.
Enter your FTP details below to send the MARC export file via FTP.
by Mel C. Miskimen
by Gina Pera
by Pat Harvey, Jeanine A. Penzo
by Carol Barkin, Audrey Cohen, Lorenza Colletti, Barbara Eisenberg, Barbara J. Goldstein, Madelaine Perri Kasden, Phyllis Levine, Ariella Long, Rita Volpe, Ellen Mitchell
by Russell A. Barkley, Christine M. Benton
by Julie A. Ross
by Anne Katherine
by La Leche League International, Diane Wiessinger, Diana West, Linda J. Smith, Teresa Pitman
by Diane Wiessinger, Diana West, Teresa Pitman
by Cynthia Zayn, Kevin Dibble
by Kimberlee Roth, Freda B. Friedman
by Tara Haelle, Emily Willingham
Sign up for our email newsletter